Posted July 14, 2020
Dear Trinity Family,
Yesterday, Governor Newsom announced that churches and many businesses should cease indoor operations, including worship services. Despite the difficulties I personally have with this mandate, we need to move the ministry of Trinity forward in a way that reflects our purpose and honors God. The purpose statement from our bylaws is,
Our purpose is to be disciples who make disciples by encouraging and building one another up in Christ, holding the Word of God as absolute authority in our lives, and carrying the Gospel of Christ to our families, friends, neighbors, and the world.
I believe our purpose is best accomplished when we gather on a consistent basis. I consulted with the music leaders and audio/visual guys to get their input as to possible options for continuing our public worship services. Last night, I took these options to the church leadership team. We made the following decision together, which has been communicated to the church council and staff.
We will host one worship service beginning at 9AM that is outdoors in the covered breezeway between the fellowship hall and kids town. An online service will continue to be available. We will be in compliance with the new order by moving our worship service outdoors, keeping groups of chairs distanced from each other, and reinforcing our request for people to wear masks when they are not seated with their families. We will also have additional signage stating that if someone has COVID symptoms, they should return home.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this decision. I greatly appreciate your support and prayers. As I mentioned in Sunday’s sermon, He will clear the way for us as we follow Him together!
I am looking forward to worshiping Jesus with you, OUTSIDE!
Further Guidelines for Trinity's Worship Services
- If you have a fever, exhibit other COVID-19 symptom(s), or have been exposed to someone who has the virus and/or symptoms in the last 14 days, please stay home.
- If you are more susceptible to COVID-19 (see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) consider staying home until the pandemic is gone.
- The worship service will continue to be available for online viewing. The 9:00AM service will be livestreamed on the church’s YouTube channel, and the recording will be available after the conclusion of the service.
- For the foreseeable future, we will use plastic chairs that are easier to clean. Feel free to bring your own cushion.
- The chairs will be arranged so families can sit together and safely distance from others.
- We highly encourage wearing facemasks at all times. Those who have facemasks are encouraged to wear them. Disposable facemasks will be available at the welcome desk.
- There will be hand-sanitizing stations readilly available.
- Please park in the east lot at the main entrance. This will be the only entrance/exit to the facility.
Thank you for your patience as we begin meeting again and do our best to follow as many precautions as possible. Please make the best decisions for you and your loved ones. Let me know if you have any questions or need clarification.